Sunday, October 6, 2013

DIY bath salts & jar

Homemade Bath Salts 

I used a quart sized mason jar I had at the house for this craft. I wanted to make a little something for a friend who was taking our yearly family photos.

The bath salts supplies are
2 cups Epsom Salt
1 cup Kosher Salt
1 cup Baking Soda
Essential Oil ( I used Lavendar) 
Food coloring (optional)

Mix the salts and soda together in a bowl. Some people use a coffee grinder to make it more coarse. I've done it both ways and don't see a difference. After you've mixed it together add 3-5 drops of  oil in the bowl. It's preference on how strong you way them. You don't have to add a color but it really does look nice. 
I tried to make purple since I used Lavendar. So I dropped the blue and red food coloring at the same time. Mix it fast so it doesn't clump together. It gives it a slight tent. You could probably keep adding but I didn't. 

This batch made 2 jars. After I poured the mix into the jars then I added a pretty burlap strip to make the jar that extra special look. I hot glued the strip to the jar at each turn. I then folded the end before gluing the final part down. 

#diy #burlapjar #bathsalts #masonjar 

No comments:

Post a Comment