Thursday, November 14, 2013

Personalized pillowcases party favors

Supplies 
Pillowcase
Fabric
Heat bond
Iron

So I had the great idea for my sons 9th birthday to so an outdoor movie. I thought it would be fun for everyone to bring a pillow to lay on and they got their favor to cover it. Note to self don't invite 25 kids hahahaha. These letters were all cut by hand. I have a cricut machine on my Christmas list now. Though it did take a while everyone loved it!
I went on the internet and bought the pillowcases. Just google white pillow cases. These are stiff and they are ones they say are used in hospitals. Once they were on the pillow they don't seem bad at all and my son has never said it's uncomfortable but it feels heavily starched 😀. 
Go to the fabric store and buy different colors of fabric. I got a yard of each and have a TON left over and I did 25. So you decide which colors and how much for your project. 
Lay out your fabric. I cut a strip about 3 inches tall. I then cut the same strip of heat bond. Follow those directions to apply heat bond to the fabric. (Iron it on)
Then trace your letters BACKWARDS. So that when you apply to your pillow case they are the right direction. 
Once all your letters are cut out. Tear the back of the heat bond off, put your letters on the fabric in order and iron. I used the heavy heat bond so it would say good. Just like that your done!
We used a projector and a home made screen and the kids loved the party!!
#pillowcase #partyfavor #birthday #kids

No comments:

Post a Comment