Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Burlap Wreaths



I wanted to make a burlap wreath. I saw them everywhere but didn't know how. A friend of mine sat and did them and they are sooo easy. I made some to sell at a Christmas Festival so hopefully they fly off the shelf!! 
Supplies
18 or 21 inch wreath frame 
3 yards of burlap
Ribbon for your bow

To do:
Cut strips of burlap about 6 inch wide. I cut them about a yard long. 

Getting the first 4-5 loops it looks wrong but it starts to get better. 
Make a loop in the middle. Then pull up a loop in the top then the bottom. Push the fabric loops tight together each time adding a loop. Stuff the ends once the strip is done. Do this all the way around. 
I bought the letters at www.craftcuts.com. They were unfinished. The script letters are 12 inch tall and 1/8 inch thick. The 2nd time I ordered them 1/4 inch thick. I used spray paint to paint them. Goes a lot faster them painting them!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment