Sunday, September 29, 2013

Football Burlap Door Hanger

As I said in my 1st post I love football. I love anything Mill Creek (my sons team) University of Georgia and Atlanta Falcons. For a girl I am a die hard fan. I love it. I pace back and forth between plays. Ugh its exhausting. My oldest brother and I text during the game. You would think I was a boy. I have only 3 brothers so I suppose thats what happens. But Im pretty girly as well.
As I saw this item on Pinterest I thought I would give it a try. But of course I changed it a little as some of the people have way too much talent. :-)


Supplies I used
1 yard of brown Burlap
White acrylic paint
Red "Puff" Paint
Chalk
Iron & starch
Black ribbon
Hot glue gun
Cardboard
Grocery Store plastic Bags

Layout your burlap double like fabric where when you cut you will have 2 individual pieces.With the chalk outline the shape of a football. I had my husband who is very detailed and perfectionist unlike me come help me to make sure each side was the same. He had the idea to draw one side and fold it longways so you made one cut but each side were the same. You can decide which way you want to do it. you will have 2 pieces of burlap footballs. 
Layout one of the footballs on the cardboard. I then took the chalk again and traced laces on the top of the football and the sides. I wish I would have known last week I was doing a blog and I could give you examples of what I did. :-)
Take the white paint and paint the white spots on the sides of the football and the laces. I then took red puff paint and wrote RISE UP on my football because I'm a die hard Falcons Fan. You can write anything here in any team colors. I saw someone on Pinterest trace an Arkansas hog on there but I know my limits on talent with paint!
After it completely dries, which is a couple hours, start at the bottom and hot glue the 2 footballs together. Leave the top open. Once its glued together as a 3-D football, start stuffing it with grocery store bags. I used the brown ones so it wouldn't show through. 
I then cut some black ribbon. Cut it as long as you want, I cut mine about 12 inches long. Glue one side to the left open top front, but inside the football. Glue the other side of the ribbon to the right open top front. As the ribbon is glued and football is stuffed you can completely glue the football closed. 
You have a Burlap Football!


No comments:

Post a Comment