Sunday, September 29, 2013

Southern Breakfast Cassarole

Oh my goodness this one takes the cake. Here in the south its GO BIG OR GO HOME! Well I did it big today. Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole. It was quite yummy!

Supplies Needed
1 can of biscuits
1 lb sausage
9 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 package sausage gravy
salt & pepper 

Preheat Over to 350. Grease a muffin tin and a small glass casserole dish.
Take the biscuits out and cut into 1 inch pieces. I put 2-3 pieces per muffin tins. Then I put the remainder in the casserole dish. 

Brown the sausage, drain then add to the muffin tins. Add the remaining sausage to the casserole dish. 

I am putting them in both the muffin tins and dish just because I wasn't sure about the gravy on the casserole so I wanted to try it both ways with and without gravy. Also, I thought if I put them in the muffin tins I could put them in a Tupperware container and in the mornings just heat them up before the kids go to school and its an instant meal! Mama is going to the Falcons game tonight at 8:30pm so early morning bus for the kids I will have 1 eye open and need something fast! :-)

Back to the meal. After you have the biscuits and sausage in the containers add cheese to each tin and then the dish. I just did it where it covered all the sausage. Then mix eggs and milk in a bowl. Pour over each muffin tin then over casserole dish. I do the muffin tins 1st so I make sure I have enough. Then prepare the gravy like it says on the package.  I poured the gravy over 1/2 everything just so we could try it out and nothing got ruined if we didn't like it.
Bake for 30 minutes.

As you can see it didn't come out pretty but it tasted amazing. It was good we didn't have the gravy over all of it because its yummy but too much if you ate it with everything. Everyone loved it at my house. I ate a small piece then ran it off at the gym. :-) The muffins came out perfect without sticking to the pan and are in a Tupperware waiting to be eaten the next few mornings! 

Yum Yum! I hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment