Sunday, September 29, 2013

Holiday Decorative Jars

#HolidayJars
For the longest time I have seen this on pinterest so I finally gave it a try. When purchasing your supplies not Hobby Lobby has sales every other week. So if jars aren't on sale when you go they will be the next week. I had to get my jars at Hobby Lobby but my wood items from Michael's because Hobby Lobby stopped selling them once I finally decided to do the craft.

Supplies you need
3 glass jars (reg. price $4.99 at HL)
3 candle sticks
6 flat wood pieces
3 small dowel toppers
1 can of Rust-oleum Paint and Primer in One
Gorilla Glue
3 Letters 
I bought 3 different sizes of jars, but you could buy them all the same. Its your preference on what look you are going for. Im a non visual person so I have to go with my gut. At Michaels I got 6 of the flat wood pieces and 3 candles sticks. (ignore the small ones they were purchased by mistake) As you can see in the pictures there is a gold top to the candles sticks. You will want to remove it so its flat on top. 
Though this little guy is the toughest, hardest hitting defensive tackle on his football team- he loves to do craft things with me. We layed out all the pieces on a old sheet and sprayed them. The pain and primer in one is the most amazing invention ever. Im a instant gratification person so I don't like to put too much work in. haha. It didn't take long for it to dry.

To assemble. 1 flat piece on the bottom and glue a candle stick to it. Let it fully dry before moving to the next step. While wait on that to dry I glued a flat piece to the bottom of the jar. and the small dowel to the jar top. Once everything is dry. Glue the candle stick to the flat piece that is now the bottom of the jar. If you try to do everything at one time it wont dry right because it will be too heavy. 

Tie the letters to each jar.
In this pictures I didn't finish adding my ribbon. Another great trick. When filling the jars with candy, put a paper towel or toilet paper roll in the middle so the candy fills up around it and it saves you not having to buy so much candy. 

For Christmas I will do JOY and for the 4th of July I will do USA. I will post when I add new holidays on what candy and saying I will put on them. 

This was a fun project and I will enjoy changing it out each month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment