Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pumkin Burlap

I was feeling so CRAFTY last week after I did my football I decided to make a pumpkin. This one went so much easier after I made the football, because I knew what I was doing. The football hangs on my pantry door in the house, but the pumpkin is on my front door. Remember when you are stuffing the burlap the reason to use grocery store bags instead of anything else is so it doesn't mold if it gets wet from being outside. If the burlap will stay in the house you can use another stuffer.

Supplies
Orange Burlap
Brown, green & white acrylic paint
Black thick sharpie
Black ribbon
Chalk

To start layout your burlap double sided. Trace your pumpkin how you want. I saw a cute wooded sign so I was looking at it and thats how I came up with my shape. Make sure if you want a stem and leaf on yours to trace that on the top but its all one piece. Once youve traced it how you want. Cut it out. You should have 2 identical pumpkins. Lay one to the side. I went ahead and traced my Happy Fall Yall on the pumpkin so I knew I had room for the polka dots. You can do it either way. Some people are more OCD then me and may want some type of order to their dots. I also traced the stem and leaf. 
I started with the stem and painted it brown. Then I painted the leaf. It took a lot of paint and felt heavy up top. Then paint your dots. Once everything was dry I then wrote with a huge fat sharpie my saying. You could use paint but I knew I felt more comfortable in my saying looking cute if I used a sharpie. Again if you have the talent go for it!
When everything is all done. Start gluing from the bottom. Leave a space at the top. Glue the ribbon on the inside of the left and right so that it can hang on a door. Once ribbon is on and the pumpkin if fully stuffed go ahead and glue the whole pumpkin shut. 




No comments:

Post a Comment